CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dear Sweet Billy!!!

I was sitting here at my computer Monday when I got a text message from my "wonder twin" Erin, that's when my world was turned upside down!! She said that one of our charge nurses "Billy passed away today." WOW!! Thats all I could say at the moment! So I went to work the next day, which was yesterday, and it was really really bad. Everyone was reacting to the news and really was upset. Honestly, it really didn't hit me until tonight at the viewing. I couldn't get off work early, so I went after and got there about 7:15ish. The line took us about an hour to get to the casket. And that's when I lost it. I saw Billy's fire gear. It said rest in peace captain Stewart. And they retired his fire number! Yeah that's when it finally hit me and I haven't been able to stop crying since. He is being given a FULL firefighter funeral, so I will be wearing my uniform out of respect and he is getting the largest precession I think I have ever witnessed. But the main thing is I think he wouldn't have wanted EVERYTHING like that but we are doing it for him because he was a great nurse, flight nurse, nascar medic, firefighter, and paramedic!

Rest In Peace my dear sweet Billy Stewart! You will be greatly missed, but we know you are not in pain anymore. You can get the rest you deserve. We love you!! William "Billy" Stewart May 4th, 1979- Sept. 8th, 2008. PS we will watch over Reese as we know you will!

William "Billy" Stewart

STEWART, WILLIAM "BILLY", age 29 of Hayden, passed away Monday, September 8, 2008 at his home surrounded by his loving family and friends after a courageous, hard fought battle with cancer. He was a member of Hilldale Baptist Church. Billy worked as a charge nurse in the ER at UAB and enjoyed his time as a flight nurse with LifeSaver. He was a longtime member of West Blount Fire Department as a firefighter and paramedic and also served as chairman of the board. He was preceded in death by his grandfather, Warren Reese Stewart, Jr. and grandmother, Ellen Sapp Grigg. Billy is survived by his loving wife, Jennifer Lynne Hayes Stewart; son, James Reese Stewart; mother, Susan Grigg Stewart; father, Warren Reese Stewart, III; sister, Rachael Stewart Lewis; brother-in-law, Ronald Andrew Lewis; nephews, Dylan Andrew Lewis and Daniel Tyler Lewis; grandfather, William Henry Grigg; grandmother, Bertha Lee Stewart; and numerous, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. Funeral services will be held on Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. at Hilldale Baptist Church with Rev. Ron Pate and Rev. Donny Holley officiating. He will lie in state at the church on Thursday from 9-10 a.m. Burial will follow at Oakwood Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends Wednesday evening from 5:30-8:00 p.m. at Gardendale Funeral Home. Messages of comfort and condolence may be sent to the family by visiting our website at www.gardendalefuneralhome.com. Donations in Billy's name may be made to the West Blount Fire Department-P.O. Box 229, Hayden, AL 35079. Arrangements are by Gardendale's only locally owned and operated funeral home.

0 comments: